K.D. Feddersen is Your Distributor for FORTRON® PPS from Celanese
FORTRON® PPS from Celanese is a semi-crystalline, high-performance plastic with outstanding properties. FORTRON® is a linear PPS characterised by high rigidity, strength and impact strength, and low creep at higher service temperatures. The polyphenylene sulphide is inherently flame-resistant and demonstrates excellent resistance to chemicals, solvents and motor vehicle fuels.
The PPS is also an excellent insulator, is highly impermeable to many liquids and gases and has very low water absorption. The FORTRON® PPS range includes grades for injection moulding and extrusion, which differ according to the grade and quantity of modification materials used and the melt viscosity. The special properties of FORTRON® also make it suitable as a substitute for metals, thermosets and ceramic materials.
Our Distribution Portfolio for FORTRON®
- Linear PPS
- Service temperatures up to +240 °C
- Suitable for lead-free soldering
- Inherently flame-retardant (UL 94 V0, some grades with 5 VA)
- Very good resistance to chemicals and oxidation
- Extreme stiffness and strength
- Minimal water absorption
- Very little creep, even at elevated temperatures
Our Product Range
- Non-reinforced grades (powder and pellets)
- Glass fibre reinforced grades (pellets)
- Glass fibre/mineral reinforced grades (pellets)
- Grades for food and drinking water applications
- Blow moulding grades
- Film and fibre grades
- Flexible PPS
Applications for FORTRON®
The glass fibre reinforced FORTRON 1140L4 SD3002 was used for a valve series with complex geometries.
Availability of FORTRON® in Your Region
Please note that our product range varies for the different sales regions. In our product filter you can check the regional availability of FORTRON®. It detects your sales region and shows you our respective offer. You can of course also switch the sales region.To the Datasheets