K.D. Feddersen Is Your Distributor for AKROMID® B from AKRO-PLASTIC
AKROMID® B is a polyamide 6 (PA 6) compound from AKRO-PLASTIC. It is suitable for applications that demand toughness and resistance to wear. AKROMID® B is also used in a wide range of food and packaging applications. Due to their excellent surface quality, the PA 6 compounds are choice materials in the sports and leisure sector.
Some AKROMID® B grades can substitute PA 6.6. This is possible to reach the properties profile of a PA 6.6 with various modifications and fill content and blends. This is our answer to increasing prices due to shortage of polyamide 6.6 raw materials that pose a challenge for the plastics industry. Are you on the lookout for a PA 6.6 substitution? Talk to us. We are happy to help you find a possible alternative for your application.
Our Distribution Portfolio for AKROMID® B
- Very good impact strength (product-dependent)
- Easy to process
- Very high strength and stiffness (product-dependent)
- Minimal creep (product-dependent)
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Good dimensional stability (product-dependent)
- Good coloring
- Good tribological properties (product-dependent)
- Design material for structural components
- High-quality surface finish (product-dependent)
Our Product Range:
- Non-reinforced grades
- Glass fibre reinforced grades up to 60 %
- Glass bead filled grades up to 50 %
- Glass fibre/mineral and carbon fibre reinforced grades
- Flame-retardant grades (UL 94 V0-listed, free of red phosphorus and halogen)
- Dry-impact-resistant grades, cold-impact-resistant grades
- Electroplating grades
Applications for AKROMID® B
Air Vents for Scania Trucks
Cost-efficient production and high batch consistency and quality make AKROMID® B3 GF 30 1 perfect for this automotive interior application.
Air Vents for the VW Touran
The 60 % glass fibre reinforced AKROMID® B3 GF 60 4 RM-M convinces with good surface finish while also offering high stiffness and reduced moisture absorption.
PA 6.6 Substitution
A reinforced PA 6.6 compound can be replaced by the PA 6 AKROMID® B by adding more reinforcing material. The specific requirements vary depending on the applications.
Talk to us to. We will be happy to advise you!